this little cutie is one week younger than haven. yet she has a gorgeous head of hair, full of curly locks. she may even have more hair than i do. i might be just a little jealous, but i think a hair-stylist mommy deserves such a child. i probably wouldn't know what to do with so much hair anyway.
nash started preschool last tuesday. when we woke up it was cloudy for the first time since our arrival in las vegas and there was a double rainbow. we took a few photos (i did not direct him, this was all him. nerd.). then we dropped him off at miss jamie's house. he was pretty excited but then when i picked him up and asked him how it was and what he learned he said "i'll tell you tomorrow." he said the same thing on thursday. he just needs a little time to mull things over i guess. but i did overhear him tell haven, "miss jamie said we never kick or hit or push." and he sings a really, really terrible rendition of a song with the same lyrics.
there are probably a million other things i should update on, but i'm sort of feeling "over" blogging...maybe i was away too long? a few las vegas highlights so far:
- aside from starting preschool nash also started sleeping in underwear. and eating sprouts.
- we've killed a LOT of bugs (cockroaches, black widows, crickets)
- every time we are out driving after dark the kids scream "lights of las vegas! lights of las vegas!"
- and every time we drive anywhere else, any time of day, they yell "palm trees! palm trees!"
- the first week it was one thing after another...first the disposal, then the dishwasher, then the lights, then a barking dog (well, the dog was/is an everyday problem). but it seems the kinks are all worked through now....knock on wood...
- we have played with cousins almost every day since we moved in
- havey got a big girl bed (which will also serve as the guest bed-come visit!)
- i actually like it here